Changing Child Support or Visitation in California

Family Law Changing a child support or visitation order is a common issue in family law. Usually driven by a change in the life of one of the parents, there are basically two ways to go about making these changes. If the parents can agree to the changes without going to court, you can file your agreement with the help of an attorney. If you are agreeing to change child support, the attorney will help you file a Stipulation to Modify Child Support and Order. To make changes to visitation or custody they will assist you with filing a Stipulation for Custody and/or Visitation of Children. If you and the other parent can’t reach an agreement, you will need to take the other parent back to court. Since the court will consider many factors before making a decision, you should speak to a qualified California family law attorney before filing any documents with the court.  Your attorney will know which factors should be highlighted to give you the best chance of successfully getting your child support or custody order modified. At the Law Offices of Judy L. Burger, we will employ the strategy most likely to achieve the best outcome possible for you in your divorce or custody proceedings.  Judy L. Burger is known for her aggressive representation of clients in high conflict cases in and around the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento areas.  If you are a parent facing a divorce or custody dispute, call us today to learn more about how we can help.  Call (415)293-8314 in the San Francisco Bay area or (916)631-1935 in the Sacramento area, or contact us online via our confidential inquiry form.